Thursday, June 11, 2009

If You Didn't See It, It Didn't Hurt...


Have you ever wondered why it is that if your child is playing and they fall down, they only cause a huge scene if you saw it happen? Have you noticed that? They fall down and then look around to see if anyone noticed. If they catch you looking or reacting the waterworks start but if not, they shake it off and keep playing... Why is that?

Yesterday Big A was running around the path int he back yard at Grammy and Papa's house and he tripped and splattered on the sidewalk fell. I honestly didn't see it happen but when my father in-law pointed it out I said, "Just pretend you didn't see him." We all turned around and kept talking (while keeping a secret eye on Big A to make sure that he truly was okay...) and guess what? Big A got up, looked around, saw that none of us were paying any attention, and kept on running.

And really, it was a hard fall! I'm not sure that I wouldn't have cried myself I'd been the one to fall like that!




No comments: