Monday, January 30, 2012

30 Day Mom Challenge


I found a wonderful pin on Pinterest today (For those of you who haven't checked out Pinterest, I HIGHLY recommend it! I'll admit that I was intimidated by it at first but now... I'M HOOKED!) and I want to share it with all of you moms out there.



It's called the 30 Day Mom Challenge: Mom's Ultimate To-Do List. It encourages you to find the correlating day of the month, read it, and do it. I like it so much that I want to print it, frame it, and strive to live by it!





1. Ask: "What's one thing we can do together this month?"



2. Go the whole day without yelling at your children.



3. Hug your child three times today.



4. Kiss your child while they're sleeping.



5. Tell yourself, "He's only ____ years old. He's still a child." Then treat him that way.



6. Bake, make, or buy them their favorite food.



7. Leave a sweet note for them.



8. Calculate how many more weekends are left until your child graduates high school.



9. Picture your self at your child's age. Try to remember how you felt.



10. Today's mom focus: JOY!


11. Tell your child, "I am so glad you're my son/daughter."


12. Pray for wisdom in mothering your child.


13. Do not criticize your child today.


14. Remember that being a mother is a gift.


15. Be firm when needed but not harsh.


16. Picture what you want your child to be like at age 25. Mother with that in mind today.


17. Laugh with your child today.


18. Who is a mom you admire? What quality of hers can you live out today?


19. Teach your child one thing he can do on his own today.


20. Today's focus: PATIENCE!


21. Forgive yourself when you mess up.


22. How do you want your child to remember you? Be that mom today.


23. Replace sarcasm with kindness.


24. Do not interrupt your child when he/she is talking.


25. Ask your child's opinion sometime today.


26. Make it a point to encourage your child today.


27. Do one thing that is good for your health: Walk 10 minutes, eat a piece of fruit, get a good night's sleep, etc.


28. Teach your child a new word.


29. Turn off your phone, computer, or TV today when your child is with you.


30. Today's focus: LOVE!



You know, as I read through these I don't see why I need to focus on only one a day. When it comes down to it, most of these are things I should be doing EVERY day!


I'm off to hug my kids and tell them how much I love them!



No comments: