Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Walk In The Park

The weather here lately has been what Big A is now referring to as 'swinter'. "It feels like summer but it's actually winter."

A couple of weeks ago we took advantage of a beautiful swinter day and headed out to Howarth Park. Howarth Park is a pretty neat place and tends to be VERY crowded! During the peak season, along with the numerous play structures, one can enjoy a water play area, train, carousel, petting zoo, snack bar and boat rentals. It's a very popular place.

On this particular swinter day, the only ride running was the carousel. The kids enjoyed running through the 'old town' and hiding from the jail guard (painted on the wall inside this jail), climbing, swinging, sliding, shimmying, running, and just plain having fun!



The dark speck at the top of this climber is my son... Scares me just a little bit, and looking up at him from underneath made me sick to my stomach! Boys will be boys! (I know it doesn't look that high from the picture, but trust me... The picture doesn't do it justice!)


And of course we had to ride the carousel! Can't pass that up!


We ended the afternoon with Slurpees and Goldfish at 7-Eleven before heading home for dinner and to snuggle up together in my bed to watch The Smurf Movie (I highly recommend it!). Another great Sunday!


No comments: