Thursday, June 23, 2011

Be Bold, Be Strong...

I HEART VBS WEEK!

I can't tell you how many times this week the kids have been playing or riding in the car or just hanging out and the whole time they're singing VBS songs. I love it! As I type I am hearing the words to "Be Bold, Be Strong" over the clanking of Legos. Music to my ears!

But what's greater than singing VBS songs? Listening to what they think the words are and listening to the discussions that ensue. Remember this post about 5 loaves of garlic bread? Well this year it's a battle about the song "J-E-S-U-S" and the lyrics "Meet up with Jesus." My kids are absolutely convinced that they are saying "Beat up with Jesus" and really, it's not a battle worth fighting. They're going to sing it how they want to sing it, especially Little A.

Oh well! I'll continue to revel in the fact that the word of God is getting through to them through music (Well... Kind of...) and I'll leave it at that! Wonder what next year will bring...


No comments: