Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!


And Happy Day-Before-VBS Day! Yes, our pastor DID preach from the lifeguard chair today. LOVED IT!




Not to diminish the fact that it's Father's Day in any way, but having VBS begin the next day makes me SO tired and SO not wanting to do anything on this day. BUT... Becuase I love the men in my life, I pulled myself together and headed out for a day of celebrating.



We started the morning with phone calls to Grandpa Jim and both A's godfathers. We ended up leaving messages for all of them. Apparently they were all out celebrating! After church we met Grammy and Papa for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. We enjoyed good food and good company and spent a long time talking and visiting. It was a nice afternoon.




I headed back to church after lunch to help my mom finish her craft preparations for the next day. We worked for an hour before I had to head home so B could go to work (Yes, he had to work on Father's Day... Boo!). I COMPLETELY dropped the ball on dinner, so Grandma and Grandpa ended up meeting at our house and then we went out to dinner. Poor Grandpa had to buy his own Father's Day dinner... Sorry, Dad!



(How horrible is it that I don't have a picture of B with the kids??)

I want to say Happy Father's Day to all of the DADs in my life (B, Papa, Grandpa Jim and Dad). You guys rock! I love you all SO much and wouldn't be the person I am today without




No comments: