Thursday, June 9, 2011

Toothless Boy

Big A has had a mouthful of loose teeth for quite some time, but he wouldn't pull 'em. He TALKED about pulling them... He even tried sticking a ribbon near a couple of them and giving them a little tug but he was never really serious about it.


That all changed yesterday morning. He was laying in my bed saying, "Look, Mom. I can put my whole finger under this tooth," (Yes, they were THAT loose!) when one of the teeth popped right out of his mouth. Boy was he shocked!



Losing the one tooth was just what the one next to it needed (I think they were kind of holding each other in). Tonight at dinner, he was upset because he couldn't eat. His tooth was too loose, hurting too badly, and bleeding a bit because it was so loose. I asked him if I could pull it out but he refused, saying that it would hurt. I tried to reason with him, asking if it had hurt when any of the other three had come out. He assured me that it had not, but still wouldn't let me pull it.



After a few minutes of him pouting in utter frustration because he couldn't eat his dinner, and me trying very calmly but very persistently to let me pull the tooth, he agreed. It didn't take much... One napkin and one TINY tug, and he'd lost another tooth!





Being that this was the second tooth in as many days, he was convinced that the tooth fairy would bring a little extra money, and she didn't disappoint! The first night she brought $1 in quarters.



The second night she filled the tractor with $1 in dimes and sprinkled $1 in nickles around the outside.


Big A was THRILLED, and can't wait until the next three loose teeth fall out as he'll then have enough to head to Auto Zone for the toy car he wants! Ah... To be young again!



No comments: