Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fun At Trader Joe's Day!

Today the kids and I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way to a meeting. We don't shop at Trader Joe's too often because it's not the most convenient place for me to shop. It's unfortunate, because I DO like their products, but for now I'll have to stick with Safeway.

Anyhow... We were in the check-out line and the kids saw some colored pictures on the wall. Big A said to the clerk, "Where did they get those pictures?" The clerk showed the kids where the coloring sheets were and told them to 'take a couple'. You'd have thought he just gave them candy! They were SO excited!

When they returned with their coloring sheets he said, "Would you like some stickers?" Imagine his surprise when both kids answered with a 'yes please' and then thanked him, both without being prompted. Needless to say, he was very pleased at their politeness.

I must admit that I often jump to, "What do you say," before even giving them a chance to respond on their own. This time I made a conscious effort to NOT speak and they made me proud!

As they walked out of Trader Joe's with their coloring sheets and stickers in hand, Big A said, "WOW! That was a FUN TRADER JOE'S DAY! Can we go again!?!?"


As Little A climbed into the car with her treasures in her hands she said, "We're rich now!" It was too cute! Then she was looking at her coloring sheet and asked, "Mommy, is this Joe?"


As I looked at the picture, all I could think of was my nephew Joe because he likes to skateboard. I said, "Joe who?" Then it dawned on me... She was talking about TRADER Joe.



Dang! Who would have thought that Trader Joe's could be so much fun!?!?


No comments: