Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You Know You're Living In 2009 When...

* EDITOR'S NOTE* I apologize for this spacing on this post... No matter what I did I could not get the spaces to stay where they were supposed to... GRRR!

Last week I had to travel to Fresno for work. Because of my mom's recent surgery (What? You don't know about her surgery? That's a post for another time...) B and I decided that it would be easier for he and the kids to drive me to Fresno rather than me trying to make my schedule work with the other people from my office who were also attending the conference. This allowed me to spend a few hours with my mom before heading out of town.

Listening to your kids chatter in the backseat when they're not aware that you're listening, is the BEST! They sing at the top of their lungs (wrong words and all!), they play games, they use their imaginations, it's just fascinating!

We were JUST about to Fresno when A & A started playing
Ice Road Trucker driving their rigs down the icy roads of Alaska. Big A was calling out orders on his camera CB Radio and Little A (who never QUITE gets the game) was using an old cell phone (and of course I grabbed my iPod and started making notes for the blog!).

The conversation went like this:

Big A: "Breaker breaker... I'm coming down the road."

Little A: "I'm going to text on my phone. I got a text for you."

Big A: "You got a text for me? Let me see if I got it. *PAUSE* Yeah, I got it."

Little A: "I got a text for you on my computer. If you need help just give me a call. I've got my computer with me."

My goodness! I don't know WHERE they get it! Next think you know they'll be talking about updating their Ice Road Trucker status on Facebook! :)

________________________________


Last night I was looking through the Bed Bath and Beyond mailer when Big A spotted something he wanted. "MOM! There's a Snuggie! WE NEED THOSE!" Of course I had NO idea what he was talking about but once again he was being a walking infomercial. He is convinced that we all need Snuggie blankets and even has the proper colors picked out for each of us.


Tonight we were in Target and we stumbled upon Disney 'Snuggies'. Okay, so they're actually called "Cuddly Blankets" at Target, but the idea is the same.
So of course A & A started in asking if they could get them and of course I told them no but I DID tell them that they could ask Santa for them if they wanted. They both agreed that they would do that. Then I whipped out my phone and texted my mom and my aunt to let them know of the idea in case anyone was looking for Christmas or birthday gift ideas.
Without missing a beat Big A asked, "Mommy, are you texting Santa?"
"Yes, Honey... Yes I am!"
Then he asked, "How do you know his number?"
And of course I responded with the ever dreaded mom answer... "BECAUSE I'M A MOM!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Swear to God?" "stick a poodle in your eye!"