Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sometimes You Feel Like A Prayer... Sometimes You Don't...


Wednesdays are chapel day's at Big A's school. The kids spend the first half hour of their day in chapel listening to either Intern John or Pastor Newt give a lesson. Big A really enjoys chapel. Last year when he was in the 3-day program he'd ask me every night if the next day was chapel. This year he loves coming home and telling me what they learned in chapel or who did the lesson or what they sang but today something must have been just a bit off.

When B picked Big A up from school today Big A's teacher said to Big A, "Tell your dad why you had to sit on the bench today." B knew this meant trouble...

Apparently at the end of Intern John's lesson this morning he told the group that it was time to pray to which Big A shouted....

"I DON'T WANT TO PRAY!"

I didn't mean to laugh when B told me, but I couldn't help it. Even though it was disrespectful to Intern John and disruptive to the group as a whole, there was just something about it that was so funny! YIKES!

Sometimes you feel like a prayer, sometimes you don't! I'm sure he'll do better next week!




No comments: