Thursday, October 8, 2009

School Pictures And Baptisms???

Today was school picture day. My friends at work think I'm crazy but I stayed home this morning to make sure that Little A's hair was done JUST RIGHT. No offense to B, but Daddy doesn't do hair and he's the first to admit it.

I got the kids up, fed them breakfast and took them upstairs to get dressed while B was getting ready. Big A was making his bed and getting dressed and I was putting away clean laundry and getting ready to get Little A dressed. I called her over to get her tights on and she asked me if she was getting baptized. HUH???

The conversation went something like this...

Me: "Little A, let's get your tights on."

Little A: "Am I getting baptized?"

Me: "Baptized?" (This is the point at which I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what she's talking about and why she thinks she's getting baptized... The dress she wore today looked nothing like her baptism dress and she wears dresses at LEAST once a week and has never asked me that before...) "No, it's picture day. We're putting your pretty dress on for your pictures."

Little A: "Picture day? I need to get my pretty dress on so I can take BEAUTIFUL pictures."

Me: "That's right! Let's get your tights on."

Little A (turning towards her brother with much determination): "SEE, BIG A! I told you I'm getting bap tights!"


No comments: