Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mighty To Save


A few months ago an event occurred that caused me to question my faith. In the months following this particular event I faced another series of events where I needed to rely heavily on my faith and to turn to God for support, answers and just plain being there. My inward battle with questioning my faith was winning over putting my complete trust in God and I was convinced that I could do everything on my own.
I couldn't.

As often is the case with this kind of battle, my faith eventually won (More like I was walking down the street one day and it slapped me in the face, but....) and I'm in a much better place because of that. I'm happy to return to church and to the fellowship that I find there, I pray constantly, I can once again listen to K-LOVE without being bitter and resentful towards God, and when I really think about it I realize that He was with me all along. He just happened to give me the wake up call I needed to return to him.

Today in church we sang Mighty to Save by Hillsong United.



I've always liked this song, but today as I stood in church singing my heart out, one verse struck something inside me... It was SO fitting for all I've gone through lately. I went right home and updated my Facebook status with the verse and then decided I'd share it here, as well...
The verse says:
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender (I surrender)

I'm not perfect. I have many shortcomings. But I know that God loves me and is walking through this journey with me and I have given up and put my faith in Him, that he knows what he has in store for me, he knows how this all will end, and he won't ever give me more than I can handle (although sometimes it sure feels like it!).
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


No comments: