Monday, April 23, 2012

French Dips And French Fries

Remember I told you the other day that I am responsible for planning, purchasing and preparing dinners? And remember I told you the other day that I'm always looking for new recipes? Well I've done it again! Yep! I've successfully added two more recipes to the keep binder, and this time I have Pinterest to thank!

Tonight we had French Dips and French Fries, all homemade, and SUPER easy!! Even Little A gobbled up her entire dinner!


Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients:

3 1/2 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
16 oz Beef Broth
1 10.5 oz Can Condensed French Onion Soup
6 oz Red Wine
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
4-6 French Rolls
Sliced Provolone Cheese (optional)

Directions:

Trim excess fat off of beef roast and season meat all over with salt and pepper. Pour beef broth, condensed French onion soup, red wine and garlic powder into slow cooker and place beef roast into liquid. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Take beef out and rest it, covered with aluminum foil, for about 15 minutes (Ooops! In reading this I realize that I didn't let my beef rest... Poor beef! It must be REALLY tired!). Slice beef and return to slow cooker on low for 30 minutes.

Lightly toast the bread and evenly distribute cheese between rolls, if using. Divide beef onto rolls and spoon the beef juice into small bowls and eat everything while it is hot. Serve each sandwich with its own dip. If there is excess fat in your au jus, simply pour it from the slow cooker into a large measuring cup and let it stand for about 5 minutes so the fat separates. Skim it off, then pour the juice into serving cups.

Serves 4-6 (I had a 3lb roast and made six sandwiches with a bit of beef leftover)


Oven Baked Parmesan Seasoned Fries

Ingredients:


1 pound of medium russet potatoes (approx 3 medium potatoes)
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp of Seasoning Salt
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 425
*Wash and cut potatoes into 1/8
*Place on a foil lined cookie sheet (My potatoes still stuck. I may try the non-stick foil next time.)
*Mix all of the spices and the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl
*Place potatoes in a gallon size freezer bag and add the olive oil and Parmesan cheese/spice mixture
*Seal the bag and shake until the potatoes are evenly coated (I added the potatoes to the olive oil and got them well coated and THEN added the spice mixture and shook it all around again.)
*Once thoroughly coated, dump onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread in a single layer
* Bake 30-45 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown (I turned mine halfway through.)


I love sharing these recipes, and perhaps I'll get better about taking pictures of the finished products! DARN! Dinner time is just so hectic...



No comments: