Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Learning Curve

I'm realizing lately how much I've learned in the past four months, and how much I continue to learn on a daily basis. For example, I thought I'd finally learned how to pour the coffee without dripping. Turns out I was wrong, it still drips. What I *REALLY* learned is that there's no hidden art to coffee pouring, our coffee pot just sucks.

I've learned that even when you think you're alone, you can always be more alone.

I've learned that contrary to Rod Stewart's song, the first cut isn't really the deepest... Usually it's the second or third cut that really hurts.

I've learned that sometimes life is a bottomless pit... When you think you've finally hit bottom and it can't get any worse, it can.

I've learned that life's biggest gifts often come in the most unexpected and unconventional packaging.

I've learned that Cleo and I have quite a bit in common.

I've learned the value of a single dollar bill, and how quickly they add up when you toss them in an envelope every time you get one.

I'm sure I've learned many, MANY other things in the past four months, but the most important thing I've learned is that family is by far the most important thing in the world, and that I'm loved more than I can ever imagine.



No comments: