Monday, April 2, 2012

Little Aisms - Four Dollars

Tonight we went to a Dine and Donate for Big A's school. After dinner we had to run to CVS. While there, Little A found a toy phone/camera that she HAD to have. She asked me if I'd buy it and I told her I would not. She asked if I could pay for it and she'd pay me back and after a short discussion about how much money she had, how much the phone cost, and if she really wanted it, we decided that her plan would work.

While she was getting ready for bed she said, "Mommy, I need to give you the money I owe you."

I was tired and it was late so I said, "You can give it to me tomorrow." Well, she insisted that we take care of it right away, and after giving it a minute of thought I decided it was better to have her be responsible and pay off her debts, so I took her into my room to get her her wallet.

I opened the wallet and counted her money. "You have twenty dollars," I told her.

She took the money from me and started going through each bill one by one while I hung up clean laundry. Then she said, with an exasperated sigh, "Mommy, I don't *HAVE* a four dollars."

I love my kids, I love being a mom, and I love those priceless moments!

No comments: