Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Retrun Of Cuper (AKA Happy Valentine's Day)

Before I tell you about the Return of Cuper, I'd like to share a little Pre-Valentine's Day Valentine's Gift.

Yesterday Grandpa and Little A picked Big A up from school and the three of them went off to do what the three of them do when they spend the afternoon together (the tractor store, the feed store, etc.). They returned home shortly before dinner time bearing gifts for Grandma and me. Big A came in carrying a long, gold box with a dozen long stem roses for Grandma, and Little A came in carrying a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers half her size. She ran up to me and said something along the lines of, "Mommy, we want you to have these because we love you and we want you to be happy and have a happy Valentine's Day!" Wiping tears from my eyes I read the card that she pulled out of the center of the bouquet. Big A had written, "Love you," and Little A had signed it. As I read the card again, the pre-printed writing at the top of the card caught my eye... "Wishing You A Speedy Recovery".

Thanks for the laugh, Little A! I wish you understood the humor!

And now for Cuper...



As has become tradition in our home on Valentine's Eve, Cuper (Little A's version of Cupid) paid his annual visit last night. He left the usual chocolates and hearts on the floor, starting in their room and making a path to their Valentine's gifts.








Little A woke up before the alarm and excitedly ran to find me to let me know that Cuper had come. She then woke up her brother and alerted Grandma and Grandpa and the kids followed Cuper's trail to the living room to check out their loot... Coloring sets, posters, Wii games Lego guys, a new dice game and LOTS of candy!!




The kids enjoyed checking out all of their goodies but unfortunately there was no time to play this morning as we had to get ready to face the day. The promise of Valentine's parties at school got the kids up and moving and they both came home with cards, candy, tattoos, stickers, pencils, etc., from their friends at school.


Tonight we enjoyed a Valentine's steak dinner during which I was serenaded by Little A who sang Once In Love With Amy (there wasn't a dry eye at the table afterwards). Dinner was followed by petits fours from Divine Delights and another round of card opening.


I think the kids had a nice Valentine's Day, and if they're happy, I'm happy! So until Cuper comes again... Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments: