Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Luck Box Notes

Over the past year I've been collecting cute little notes to put in the kids' lunchboxes. I found some last year at Mrs. Grossman's Sticker Factory and was given some awhile back as a gift. Some of them have words already printed on them and others are blank and come with stickers to decorate them. I don't use them every day, but a couple times a week I'll write some type of note and stick it in their lunches.

Yesterday I put one in Little A's lunch box that I had decorated with stickers and written on telling her to have a great day and to have fun at the birthday party she was attending after school. Big A and I had not had a great afternoon, so I found one that said, "Your feelings matter to me," which I felt was a very important and appropriate message for him. I wrote around the edge of it, "Sorry we had a rough afternoon. Let's try harder today. I love you!" There was a random fact written on the back of the note, too, but I didn't read that part as I was focused on the message on the front.

Last night when I got home, I asked him if he'd read the note I'd put in his lunch and he told me he'd not had time. (As a side note, Little A LOVES the notes and begs me to put them in... Big A doesn't really care but I do it anyway.) I asked him to go find it and told him that it had a really important message on it and that I waned him to read it.

He retrieved the note and he stood in the kitchen and read it while I was packing lunches. "Did you know that turtles breathe through their butts?"

Talk about ruining the moment! He read the random fact before he read the message!

And note to self... ALWAYS CHECK THE RANDOM FACTS BEFORE YOU PUT THEM IN THE LUNCH BOX!! One would ASSUME (I know, I know!) that a company writing notes clearly intended for a child's lunchbox, would NOT put information on the card that could get said child in trouble at school!

Oh well, I tried!


No comments: