Monday, September 26, 2011

Sisters

Urban Dictionary defines sister as the girl that will always be there for you and may save you one day, whether you know it or not. Your sister may or may not be related to you and could just be an amazing friend, but either way your sister is always slow to judge and quick to forgive. She will always love you, she might just hide it from you.

Since Thursday I have had the opportunity to spend a great deal of time with two of my sisters. In this case I mean sister as Merriam-Webster defines sister... A female who has one or both parents in common with another.

Yes, we have joined together to be with my dad during this time. It's interesting what kind of added dynamics this brings to the whole situation. You see, there is quite a bit of 'history' in our family. All three of us have different moms, all three of us have a different relationship with our dad, all three of us were raised differently... Basically, all three of us are at different places in life and are three COMPLETELY different people.

Before last year I didn't have a really close relationship with either of these sisters. In the past year I've become extremely close with one of them but am still not that close with the other. There's no reason we're not close per say, it's just life and I accept it. However, I've had chances to talk extensively with both sisters this week and it's been GREAT!

I guess I really feel like I'm rambling in this post and you know what? It's true... I am... But the bottom line is this.... It's been really great to have this opportunity to catch up with my Merriam-Webster sister and to spend time with my Urban Dictionary sister. From this point forward, I'd really like to consider both of my sisters to be Urban Dictionary sisters because we all need each other!

Now run out there and give your sister a hug! I love you, ladies!!


No comments: