Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Operation Beautiful


Yesterday morning I was listening to K-Love on the way to work and I heard a story about something called Operation Beautiful. Operation Beautiful "is a viral community effort to increase self-confidence and stop negative self-talk. Operation Beautiful has nothing to do with how much you weigh; it’s about who you are intrinsically as a person – and that is BEAUTIFUL!" Operation Beautiful encourages women to encourage other women with post-it notes placed on mirrors; Notes that simply say things like, "You are beautiful just the way you are," or "You are gorgeous."



Take it from 'the fat kid', this is an AWESOME idea. Now I KNOW I'm a beautiful person. I may not be eye candy to the average Joe on the street, but that makes NO difference. I'm surrounded by family and friends, I have a good job and am active in my church and my kids' activities. I LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE!

However... I also know that there are people out there who don't have it as good as I do. The world is filled with people of all shapes, sizes and colors who are unable to SEE that they are truly beautiful people. Society and our peers put so much pressure on people to 'look right' that we forget what is really important... INNER beauty.



That being said, why not join Operation Beautiful? How hard could it be to throw a stack of post-its and a pen in your purse/diaper bag/car/pocket and plaster the world with messages of beauty? You never know when one of YOUR notes might change a person's life forever.


GO FORTH AND POST-IT!



No comments: