Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'll Get You My Pretty... And Your Little Dog Too!


UPDATE: And the antics continue... I went downstairs this morning all ready to grab the envelope and head to the post office. There was a note from B next to the envelope with some choice words on it and a message saying, "CHECK OUT THE ADDRESS!!!!" They had used OUR address as the return address. They used their own house number, but our address. Seriously? You're telling me to use my own address and then you use my address??? WHATEVER!!

DANG! Plan foiled!



Have you ever had somebody out to get you? I mean seriously out to get you? Somebody who tries hard to hurt you and your family (not physically, but emotionally)? Somebody who goes out of their way to cause trouble in your life? It's a trip, let me tell you!

B and I have someone like that in our lives, somebody who claims to be a devout Christian nonetheless, and we're repeatedly forced to deal with this persons immature actions and attempts to 'get us'. Luckily we have a strong support system and we're strong for each other when the 'poop' hits the fan.

Today I got the mail and there were NINE Christmas cards in our mailbox (have I mentioned that I LOVE this time of year??? But that's for a different post...) but one of them stuck out like a sore thumb. It was addressed only to me and I knew right away who it was from. I found it interesting (although quite par for her usual antics) that this person would send a card ONLY to me. I opened the envelope with my heart pounding, my hands shaking and my stomach in knots.

Inside there was a generic, boxed Christmas card with printed words on the inside, right flap, some hand written words on the inside, left flap, and a piece of paper. I figured it must be some sort of Christmas letter, and could hardly wait to see what kind of 'stuff' this person was spreading to their family and friends.

Boy was I wrong! I still couldn't tell you what the pre-printed words said, but the handwritten words said, "And Merry Christmas to you." Underneath that it said, "PS. Use your own address next time." HUH???

So I moved on to the Christmas letter... HA HA HA! RIGHT! The 'Christmas letter' was actually a photocopy of a mass mailing junk mail card that was addressed to me at the wrong address. They had crossed out their address, written my address, photocopied it, and sent it back to me (hence the... USE YOUR OWN ADDRESS!). Very adult, I tell you! Maybe we should start doing that with the mail we receive at our address addressed to them... You think?

And here's the thing... If I were going to sign up to have junk mail sent to someone, do you think I'd be stupid enough to use my own name??? DUH!

So... "RETURN TO SENDER. NOT AT THIS ADDRESS."

Two can play at this game... Although B and I strive to be better people than that... So for now we'll just bite our tongues and hunker down to see what this person will pull next. Wish us luck!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so confused...Tracie (who else would be confused?)