Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kidisms...

I'm sorry, but once again I'm going to put off my second 'traditions' post in favor of some good ole' kidisms because today alone, there were too many to pass up.

When we got home tonight there was a message from Grandpa Jim and Sinda asking the kids what they wanted for Christmas so after jammies were on and teeth were brushed I let them return the call. Here are some excerpts from that conversation...

Little A while telling Sinda that she wants a princess cash register for Christmas:

Sinda - "What do you want for Christmas?"

Little A - "I want a princess cash... A princess cash... A princess casserole!"

___________________________________
Big A while telling Grandpa Jim what he wants for Christmas:
Big A - "I really want a John Deere Backhoe. A GREEN one, NOT a yellow one."
Grandpa Jim - "A John Deere Backhoe? Don't you already have one of those?"
Big A - "Now listen to me now! This one I really REALLY want. A Kubota tractor with two wheels in the front and treads in the back. You got it?"
____________________________________
Little A answering the question of what we're doing for Christmas (now you have to follow this carefully...):
Grandpa Jim - "What are you guys doing for Christmas?"
Little A (out of breath and difficult to hear and understand because she's walking around my room in circles) - "I don't know."
Grandpa Jim - "Are you walking around?"
Little A - "NO!"
Me - "Yes you are, you're walking around in circles."
Little A to Grandpa Jim - "We're walking around in circles."
*PAUSE*
Little A to me - "Do you mean driving?"
______________________________________
Little A telling Grandpa Jim goodbye:
Grandpa Jim - "Is it bed time?"
Little A - "Yes."
Grandpa Jim - "Are you all ready for bed?"
Little A - "Yes."
Grandpa Jim - "Are you tired?"
Little A - "Well... My mom's tired so I have to go to bed."

No comments: