Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Little A???



Tonight we went to Fresh Choice for dinner. During dinner we were talking about our weekend plans which include Big A's LAST baseball game of the season and a birthday party for two of their friends. Little A asked if we would sing "Happy Birthday" to their friends tomorrow and we assured her that they would. With that they were off with Daddy to get ice cream cones.

When they returned, B left again to get his own dessert. Little A asked again if they'd sing "Happy Birthday" tomorrow and again I said yes. With that Big A and Little A broke into a heart-felt rendition of "Happy Birthday to Little A" which resulted in a huge round of applause and many birthday wishes from the surrounding diners. (Note: Apparently my fluency in two-and-a-half-year-old is NOT as developed as I once thought!)

A bit embarrassed, I quickly jumped in with, "Well! That's news to me! It's NOT her birthday!" About that time B returned with his dessert and was just as shocked as I was.

Funny? Yes! Awkward? A little!

Really, we WERE there for the REAL birthday party and we have the pictures to prove it!




No comments: