Monday, May 25, 2009

Annual Yard Planting


In our house, spring means a newly planted front 'yard' and vegetables in the back. I was so excited to spend today working in my little dirt patches, weeding and cleaning, digging and planting... And the finished product is so pretty! All we need to do is finish Little A's stepping-stone and get some more cocoa mulch. Oh... And we haven't started out back...




Big A had planted seeds in a little plastic cup at school a few weeks back . After a couple of weeks the little sprouts weren't doing so well and I told him we were going to have to throw them away. He looked at me and shouted, "YOU KILLED THEM, MOMMY!"

Shocked... "No, Honey. I didn't kill them. I'm not sure what happened but I think they may have had too much water." (Great! Now my son thinks I'm a killer...)

And then it hit me! "I have an idea! I have two little pots in the garage. We'll go pick out some seeds and you and Little A can each plant one pot of flowers. I have two large planters in the back. You can plant those too!"

"OKAY! Can we go now???" (WHEW! Redemption! And off we went to get seeds...)

Today we planted the little pots in the front and sometime this week we will finish the back but for now they're satisfied (and DARN CUTE!)!



No comments: