Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More Conversations From The Backseat

I'm sure I've mentioned before that Big A loves to watch all shows History and Discovery. He watches Whale Wars, Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch, you name it... His new favorite is Swamp People. I don't mind him watching these shows except for a couple of things. First of all, his language has started slipping and every once in awhile he'll slip a damn or crap into his conversations. This bothers me, but at the same time I realize that all kids will experiment with bad language. The other thing that bugs me is his new found "Swamp People" accent. Yep! Big A suddenly thinks he's from the swamps of Louisiana.

Tonight I heard the following conversation from the backseat (in a lovely swampy accent) after coming to an agreement that they'd play boyfriend and girlfriend...


Big A - "I gotta go out gator huntin'."


Little A - "Okay, I'll come."


Big A - "Okay, but let's take ma' boat."


Little A - "No, let's take MY boat."


Big A - "No, ma' boat's better."


Little A - "I know! Let's take BOTH boats."


Big A - "Okay. We'll use mine for sleepin' and yours for huntin'."


Little A - "Okay."

Big A - "You going to Mary's pizza?"


Little A - "Yea, let's go."

Big A - "It says beer drinkers only on this side."

Little A - "Do you like beer?"

Big A - "Yeah, that's why I'm sittin' here."

Little A - "Me too! I'm having a beet party. Wanna come? I'm turning 18."

Big A - "You mean 42?"

Little A - "Yeah, whatever."

I LOVE conversations from the backseat... They are always so entertaining but at the same time they're often quite eye opening and all too often they slap me in the face once again with how quickly my babies are growing up.



No comments: