Friday, July 8, 2011

Feeling Blue

Okay... Here goes...

I try to stay very positive on my blog. I mean why shouldn't I? I have a terrific life! I have a great family who loves me and cares for me, I have many friends, I have a secure job, we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, etc. But lately I've been feeling blue... I just want to put it out there because it's especially overwhelming to me today and sometimes saying it out loud (or typing it for the world to read) helps me feel better.

Why am I feeling blue? My life has been full of change lately, mostly at work. These changes are proving to be quite challenging for me. For one thing, our office has moved. The new location is nice in that it's right downtown and within walking distance to shopping, coffee, and restaurants, but our office as a whole is being forced to adhere to the practices of the group that occupies the upstairs of the building. It's frustrating being forced to move to a new location that we're already not happy about and then being forced to change our practices. To top it off, I was turned down for a promotion that I felt sure I would get and I'm really struggling to accept it and move on.

I'm feeling taken advantage of in many areas of my life. Feeling taken advantage of makes me feel weak... It makes me feel like less of a person. I know it's ridiculous and my rational side is kicking me in the butt saying, "GET OVER IT," but the angel and the devil on my shoulders are fighting a fierce battle and unfortunately, the devil is winning!

That being said, I'm going to put on my happy face (or at least try to) and keep plugging along! Thanks for listening, and if you feel moved to send hugs or prayers my way, I'd graciously accept them!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About the blues, it is ok to be blue, or even have a pity party. Today, but tomorrow is a new day, and time to start all over again. Put a smile on your pretty face, and make the world wonder what you have been up to. One door just closed for you but God will open another one, or a window, have faith something better will be coming along. And yes I love you, and you all are always in my prayers. Auntie Ann