Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Leprechaun Traps

Have you ever seen a Leprechaun? Yeah, me either.

Have you ever had to make a Leprechaun trap? I have. And let me tell you... I am NOT happy about it!

Don't get me wrong... Any other night I'd LOVE to sit with Big A and let his creative juices flow while we create a very parent involved piece of work for a school assignment, but not the day after vacation when it's already past bed time and there are no instructions WHATSOEVER about this Leprechaun trap that is supposedly due tomorrow!

But I'm a mom, and when little boys are insisting that they HAVE to do this project and that it HAS to be turned in tomorrow, mom's suck it up, put on a happy face, and get creative... Alone... While tired boys finish homework packets.


Greenery... CHECK! Rainbows... CHECK! Gold... CHECK! Yep! All of a Leprechaun's FAVORITE things! All I have to say is that he'd BETTER be bringing home a Leprehaun on Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know the Leprechaun trap caught something??? A See's gold coin appeared in A's hand yesterday when I picked him up from school. He said it had been in the LP. By the time he strapped himself into his carseat, it had just about DISappeared. I teasingly asked him for the rest of it and he graciously gave it to me. I could NOT take it from that darling face, though, so I gave it back to him and got a big hug and kiss instead. Love that boy!! XOGM