Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Weekend Away Spent RIGHT HERE

What does the word "PROMISE" mean to you? Go ahead, take a few minutes to think about it. Care to name a few promises you've heard? Do you have have items around your house that represent a promise to you? I've just spent the last two days talking about, sharing thoughts on, and discussing this very topic.

This weekend my mom and I attended our church's annual women's retreat. The retreats are held at Walker Creek Ranch but due to an outbreak of some sort at Walker Creek, the retreat committee was forced to make a last minute decision (when I say last minute I mean the day before the retreat) as to whether to cancel the retreat or find an alternative location. Luckily the church was available that weekend and 55 women took it over from Friday afternoon until late Saturday evening. Although there is something wonderful to be said for being in nature fellowshipping with a group of women and making new friends, I'm glad they decided not to cancel the retreat. It was much different, but it was still great!

Because I was already planning on being gone Friday night and Saturday night, I decided to stay at my parents house so I could still relax a bit. I'd like to say that I stayed up and visited with my mom while sipping a nice glass of Riesling, but that'd be a lie. I actually went straight to bed! I was SO tired (Another drawback to having the retreat at church... Extra travel time home and back...)!

Oh well... It may not have been what we were planning, but I'm glad I attended and I really enjoyed having my mom there! Thanks, Mom!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for encouraging me to go, Amy. I love you so much!! XOM