Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lemon-Chicken Rigatoni with Broccoli


I think subscribing to Betty Crocker and Pillsbury was a great idea! Another wonderful recipe was delivered to my inbox last week and I tried it tonight... Y. U. M. (And only 11 points for a cup and a half which doesn't sound huge, but believe me... It was plenty!) To top it off, it was super simple to make! (Sorry, I forgot to take any pictures!) Allow me to share my secret with you...

Lemon-Chicken Rigatoni with Broccoli

- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (6 oz)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen broccoli
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese


1) In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until softened.

2) Stir in uncooked pasta and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 11 minutes. Stir well.

3) Spread broccoli and chicken over pasta. Cover; cook 12 to 14 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.

4) Stir in lemon peel. Top with cheese.

Makes 4 Servings (1 1/2 cups each)

I steamed a couple of artichokes and made some strawberry shortcake with angel food cake (2 points for 1/8 of the cake) and fat free Cool Whip (1 point for 1/4 cup)... Great meal! Dad, you picked a BAD night not to come for dinner! You don't know what you missed out on!



No comments: