Friday, August 7, 2009

Um... Where's My Daughter?

You know that moment as a parent when you can't find your child? Just that brief sinking feeling before you realize that you're being irrational and you need to stop and think? Come on... You've all had those moments, right?

Every night when I got upstairs to go to bed, I turn on the light at the top of the stairs, open the gate, unload all the crap from my arms and then head in to the kids' room to tuck them in one, final time. Last night as turned on the light and opened the gate, I heard one of the kids shift in their bed. I turned to make sure they were asleep... Big A was asleep in his bed so I turned towards Little A's bed, and this is what I saw...

And then I had one of those moments... Irrational as it may seem, I still had one of those moments. STOP AND THINK! Okay... She has to be somewhere upstairs because she didn't go out the window or the gate, I'd have heard that in the monitor. She did at one point have a habit of getting out of bed and sleeping on the floor, but there was no Little A on the floor. My only other thought was that she must be in our room because where else could she be???

I walked into our room, unloaded my arms, and looked all around... NO LITTLE A!

Back into their room I go...
Now I KNEW full well that she was in our house, because how could she not be, right? Again I go through the 'escape' routes.... Window? No. Gate? No. Door? No. She HAS to be here...

And then I found her....


HOW CUTE IS THAT???

They're so good to each other and they love each other SO much (USUALLY)!


No comments: