Monday, July 6, 2009

Craziness and Chaos

Okay blog fans... We are finally back to reality...

Last week our family was HEAVILY involved in VBS at our church. The As attended VBS all week, B led a group of six 1st graders, and I was directed the preschool program for 49 kids aged 3 - 5. It was TONS of fun, but boy were we tired EXHAUSTED!

So what do a tired dad and a mom who is so exhausted she could cry do to rest and recuperate? They go camping, of course!


I know, call us crazy! But now we're back to the 'real world'. B and I returned to work today and the kids are back to their normal summer activities. Stay tuned for a camping update but I'll end with a funny Little A story...

Friday night Little A and I were at camp while everyone else went on a trek to find pull-ups (as I mentioned... Stay tuned for more on that...). Little A was pretty much ready for bed but wanted to roast marshmallows first. She and I roasted marshmallows and ate them and of course ended up super sticky (as a two year old with flaming sugar oozing off the end of hot pointed metal tends to do)! When we finished our dessert I went to get the wipes and after wiping her up she said, "Did you wipe me all up, Mommy?" I assured her that I had and she said, "Good job, Mommy! Give me a high five!"


1 comment:

Bek said...

Awwww...LOVE her! She's too cute. I have some cute video of her from the closing VBS performance.