Thursday, July 30, 2009

Camping With The Koenigs (FINALLY!)

So one might be wondering if the 'FINALLY' refers to "Camping With The Koenigs" or to the fact that I'm finally getting this post up... I don't know, you decide! Truth? Probably both but when I wrote it I was referring to the fact that I'm FINALLY posting.

Two weekends ago we went camping at Doran Regional Park with the Koenigs. I must admit that while I was SUPER excited to go camping with our friends, I wasn't too excited about the lack of trees found at the ocean and I was worried about all that sand. But I'll just tell you right now, up front, that it was an awesome trip and I'd go back to the EXACT SAME SPOTS (okay... well maybe I'd go to a LITTLE different spot where there weren't pit toilets) in a heartbeat, sand and all!

The kids had a blast digging, playing in the little grove of trees in the center of the circle, digging, riding bikes around the circle, digging, crabbing, digging, eating donuts, digging, and digging! Did I mention that Big A was in HEAVEN with the amount of digging he could do???



We got out there Friday and set up camp. J had to go to Bodega Bay to get some propane, so B and J took the older boys to the Bodega Marine Lab to check it out. As near as I can tell, they had a really good time there! They saw tons of sea creatures and the docent gave them each a 'baby' abalone shell.






Friday night T cooked up some YUMMY foil dinners with veggies and sausage. They were GOOD! After dinner we had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa and we all sat around and roasted marshmallows. Too bad nobody there liked marshmallows!



Saturday T and I took the two little ones back to town for a party but before we did that, we took them down to play at the beach. Turns out Big A does NOT like drinking sand and salt water. I have no idea why not! He DOES, however, LOVE being buried in the sand! And of course what Big A does, Little A must do (although not when it comes to drinking sand and salt water. She did NOT feel the need to try that one).




Saturday night it was our turn to cook. We cheated a bit and got clam chowder and bread bowls on the way back from town. T had some Caesar salad left from the week so we fixed a salad as well. It was a perfect meal because the wind had picked up and it was C-C-C-COLD out!

Grandma and Grandpa came out for another visit (WIMPS! I don't know why they don't just camp!) and Little A enjoyed coffee with Grandma and snuggling by the fire with Grandpa in an attempt to keep warm.

When snuggling didn't work, Grandpa launched us into a game of telephone followed by a rousting rendition of....
Oh wa.... Ta goo.... SIAM!

When that didn't work, they left for their warm bed and we headed to our warm sleeping bags.
All in all, a good time was had by all! No accidents, no incidents, just good, clean, fun!
See you in August at Sugarloaf?



No comments: