Sunday, June 10, 2012

Horses And Haircuts

For months now, Little A has been asking me to ride 'a real horse'. I racked my brain trying to figure out who we knew that had horses, and I could think of only one person. I mentioned it to her in passing and while she said yes, she didn't sound too convincing. I felt like I was kind of at a loss, and felt bad every time Little A asked me because I didn't really have an answer for her.

About a month ago I was out with some friends one night and one of them said something about getting a new horse the next day. The light bulb went on... Perhaps THIS friend would let Little A ride her other horse!

I asked, and my friend said yes but after my last experience, I was still a bit hesitant. The next day I texted her and asked if she was serious about letting Little A ride the horse... Her response?? "ABSOLUTELY! Let's set a date!"

Well we did, and this weekend Little A's "dream finally came true"! In her words, "This is the best day of my life!"

As an added bonus, Big A was able to ride too!



Thank you, Julie, for making a little girl's dream come true! She enjoyed every minute of it and was SOOO excited!




After riding horses we visited Chris at Lions, Tigers and Hair so the kids could get haircuts. Little A has been asking to cut her hair shorter but had decided to wait until October and participate in the Sonoma County Hair Harvest but just couldn't wait. She got her hair cut so that it's all one length, the length of her bangs that she started growing out in May 2011. It's REALLY cute and all day she's been saying, "I LOVE my hair! I just can't stop looking at it in the mirror!"



According to the kids, today was "AWESOME"! Let's hope there are many more AWESOME days ahead of us this summer!



No comments: